TRASH pick-up will be Friday November 26th due to the Thanksgiving holiday!
- Check out this upcoming event!!
- VILLAGE OF ROMEO POLICE DEPARTMENT IS HIRING!VILLAGE OF ROMEO FULL TIME POLICE OFFICER The Village of Romeo is accepting applications for the position of Full Time Police Officer. The starting salary offered is $41,017.60, with full wages achieved after 4 years of employment. Shift premium, sick and vacation time, medical and health insurance, as well as pension are all under contract with POAM. ...
- FALL LEAVES PICK-UP 2021PUBLIC NOTICE VILLAGE OF ROMEO General Guidelines for Village Leaf Pickup The Village of Romeo Department of Public Works will begin leaf pickup during the week of October 18, 2021 and will continue until Wednesday, November 24, 2021, weather permitting. Leaves will only be picked up curbside during this scheduled time. General Guidelines: Please rake your leaves to the ...
- Marihuana Business License InformationAPPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR MARIHUANA BUSINESS LICENSES. Please contact the Village Clerks office to schedule an appointment for application submission. (586)752-3565, opt. 2. On Monday August 16, 2021, the Village of Romeo Board of Trustees approved Ordinance #557 Romeo Marihuana Business Ordinance#557 On Thursday August 5, 2021, the Village of Romeo Planning Commission approved the following amendment ...
- VILLAGE TO CITY REPORTThis report has been put together by extensive research conducted by the Village to City committee. Please feel free to contact the Village offices with any further questions about data in this report. FINAL DOCUMENT – Village to City – Romeo MI – v2
- Why is Marihuana spelled with an “H”We get a lot of comments to the Village office saying we spelled Marihuana incorrectly. Here is an article from the State of Michigan on why it is spelled with an “H”. MRA – Why is marijuana sometimes spelled with an “h” and other times spelled with a “j”? (michigan.gov)
- Historic District Commission VacancyThe Village of Romeo Historic District Commission currently has a vacancy on their board. The board meets every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, unless otherwise noted. All those interested will need to send a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to email any questions.
- WATER BILL PAYMENTS ON-LINEResidents can now pay TAX and Water bills online! Water Bills: click HERE and enter in your address. You will also be able to review your payment history. **There is a 3% (of balance due) fee added on for this service. Tax Bills: Tax bills are paid through Macomb County if they are late. Choose the Tax ...
VILLAGE OF ROMEO PLANNING COMMISSION
The Village of Romeo Planning Commission will hold a Public Hearing, Thursday,
September 9, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. in the Romeo Community Center, 361 Morton Street, Romeo, MI 48065
South Meeting Room, to review and consider the Special Land Use requested for:
Section 46-313 of the Romeo Zoning Ordinance allowing residential dwelling units in the CBD zoning districts subject to Special Land Use approval.
1) David Thomas
209 North Main
2). Amber & Silvio Amato
211 North Main
The Regular meeting of the Village of Romeo Planning Commission will be held on Thursday, September 9, 2021 immediately following the public hearing.
1. Roll Call
2. Approval of the agenda
3. Approval of the meeting minutes from August 5, 2021
4. Public Forum
1. Steve Cassin Special Land Use review for 209 & 211 North Main Street
2. David Thomas
209 North Main
Special Land Use
3. Amber & Silvio Amato
211 North Main
Special Land Use
4. Vito Pampalona Jr.
Pampalona Companies Bailey St LLC
Site Plan extension request
ROMEO DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
MONDAY December 6, 2021 – 6:45pm
This is a state mandated Romeo DDA Information sharing meeting.
Approval of Agenda
Board Member Comments
Board of Trustees Meeting
Date: November 15, 2021
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: 361 Morton Street, Romeo, MI 48065
South Building Meeting Room
1. Call to order – pledge of allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. CONSENT AGENDA (minutes October 18, 2021, CLOSED SESSIONS October 18, 2021) (council bills/vendor report $16,854.54 AND $150,158.42, meeting agenda)
4. Special Presentations – Tillson Residents
5. Correspondence(s) – none
6. Public Comment
7. Officer reports
a. President; Clerk; Treasurer; Trustees; Ex-Officio Planning Commission
8. Committee Reports
a. Bruce Sewer Capacity Subcommittee
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
a. PILOP Zoning Amendments Ordinance 482, Sec. 46-315
b. RFP Utility Rate Study
10. NEW BUSINESS:
a. WWTP Variable Speed Drive Purchase
b. WWTP Crown Vic Sale
c. Cares Act Funding Project/Programs
d. Re-Zoning Request for Parcels 05-06-100-010 and 05-06-100-009
e. Marihuana Ordinance 557, Section 46-393 (9) Special Land Uses Allowed in the IND – Industrial Zoning District Zoning Amendment Discussion* (Trustee Fowler)
f. FOIA Requirements and Regulations Discussion* (Trustee Parker)